Color schemes can completely transform a home or room by using a variety of hues and textures. The use of color is the single most important element to consider when decorating any space.
Giving your home a complete makeover, or even just a room, can be quite tedious, especially when choosing color schemes. Deciding on the perfect colors is a big commitment. It sets the tone and mood for creating a cohesive feel for the whole home or space.
Using a color wheel can be very helpful in seeing how certain shades relate, therefore making the decision somewhat less overwhelming. From bright, happy colors to soothing neutral shades or bold hues, there is a color scheme that fits every style. You could even contact a local furniture store in the Lafayette, LA area to use as a support system for direction. They will be more than qualified to assist you in your decision-making.
Since color has an immediate effect on mood, it can have the ability to calm or energize but can also inspire. The colors you choose do not always have to match, but they should complement each other and carry a message. Additionally, they will reflect your personality to your guests.
Bold colors and patterns should be used in moderation but be suitable for the color palette. You should never over-mix patterns; instead, it is better to offset them with neutral breaks, which will create a more balanced scheme.
Creating cohesiveness by selecting complementary colors will link the rooms and be pleasing to the eye. Visiting your trusted local furniture store can help you select the proper color schemes for your home or space.
Understanding how color schemes work together
- Create a continuous flow. It is important for a home to have a color scheme that is easy on the eye and can flow from room to room without appearing dull. Creating spaces that function to serve different uses is a great way to develop color schemes to be carried subtly throughout the house so that there are no startling surprises.
- Invert shades of color from room to room. By inverting your favorite shades of color from room to room, you will be able to enjoy the color all the time. Doing this will add a new dimension to the home, meanwhile keeping with your color scheme.
- Use neutrals to create calmness. If you prefer soothing colors, it is recommended to select three calming colors so that you do not get overwhelmed. Include the color greige, which is grey/beige, as one of the three colors because it complements both warm and lighter calming tones.
- Adjust to light levels per room. A whole house color scheme can be adjusted by room to fit the natural light the space receives, as long as the shade tones work together.
- Whole house color schemes. When an entire home is considered as one rather than individual spaces and uses, there is an easier flow between the areas. This perspective ensures that each room provides cohesion while retaining its character. This also creates a comfortable environment to live in.
- Create a whole house color scheme from the room used most. Make the room you use the most your starting point for a whole house color scheme. For example, if the room used the most is the kitchen, you could experiment with colors on different scales by having contrasting top and bottom cabinets, or an island area. This is a great way to add personality to the home.
- Mixing up open-plan layouts. Switching accent shades between spaces is great if the areas have a continuous link between them, such as flooring. Consistency is the main element needed for a whole house color scheme to work.
- A family of colors to create a harmonious scheme. A combination family of colors will create a cohesive feel and work as a canvas to coordinate a palette of furnishings. These can be used in combination on walls, ceiling, and trim to make flowing from room to room easy.
- Adjust to suit a mood for a specific room. If you want to create a mood for a specific room, you can work color schemes around the mood. It is important to choose three main colors for the whole house and then add complementary shades and furnishings to achieve the mood.
- Incorporate forgotten spaces. The areas used the most but often overlooked, such as an entryway and hallway, are where color schemes join spaces together. Colors in these areas usually continue to flow into the adjourning room.
If you are looking for fine furnishings in the Lafayette area to complement the color schemes in your home or space, contact Albarado’s furniture store today. We have served the Acadiana area for over three decades.
Our highly experienced interior design team can help you solve any interior problem you might face and answer any question you might have. Take advantage of our free design consultation service to achieve the home or space you want to create. At Albarado’s Fine Furnishings you are not just a customer, you become part of the family.