Showing off a newly decorated guest room to family and friends can be very exciting. There is just something very gratifying about making people feel welcome and comfortable in your home, especially your overnight guests.
Allowing yourself to get creative and experiment with different styles and color schemes in this space will let your guest bedroom decorating ideas come to life. Since a guest bedroom can be a major asset to the home, it is well worth giving it the attention it deserves.
7 Ideas for Decorating a Guest Bedroom
- Bedding. To make your guest room feel like they just entered a 5-star hotel, dressing the bed with plenty of pillows, good quality linens, a plush comforter or duvet, and a comfortable mattress will wow your guest the same. Check out our tips to dress your bed for a more luxurious look.
- Pick a theme. A fun and easy way to transform your guest bedroom is to choose a theme. With the many design options available, finding one that speaks to your home’s location and suits your style should not be a problem.
- Reading nook. Creating a space in the guest room for guests to sit and relax, gives them the opportunity to read at their leisure. For an added touch, you can include a throw and a selection of enjoyable books and magazines.
- Seating area. Giving your guests a seating area will allow them to have a private place to go and to unwind. The space could also be as simple as a single lounge chair near a window or even a small sofa at the foot of the bed.
- Adequate lighting. The right lighting can create the perfect ambiance making certain the guest room is a place of relaxation, beauty, and luxury.
- A workspace. Consider setting up an area with a desk and chair to allow your guests to work while away from their job or to at least check their emails.
- Clean and Tidy. Making sure the guest room is vacuumed, dusted, and the bedding cleaned makes for an inviting space. Plus, no one feels comfortable and relaxed in an unkept room.
Choosing how to decorate a guest room space can be a bit overwhelming, especially with the many styles available. But, regardless of what your design preference is, following a few tips can guarantee you find the inspiration desired to create the perfect guest bedroom.
Whether you decide on a modern flair take or a rustic-inspired look, and either bold or calming colors, Albarado’s Fine Furnishing has a team of interior design experts who can assist you with making your guest bedroom decorating ideas come to life.
There are things your guest room should consist of to keep the room interesting and non-generic. Simply have fun with the room by adding unexpected items that will let your guest know how much you care for them. To ensure your guests have a memorable visit, focus on creating a space that is soothing and leaves a lasting impression.
Essential Guest Room Extras to Add
- Fluffy towels. Providing guests with fresh towels will help to ensure they feel comfortable staying overnight.
- Extra linens. Leaving your guests extra linens in the room would be a nice touch, especially if the bathroom will be shared by multiple people.
- Suitcase storage. Providing a spot for the suitcase, even a folding rack, is a great way to help guests unpack easily.
- Candles. As we all know, burning a candle is soothing and relaxing, making the room feel homier.
- Refreshment station. Even though guests are always welcome to anything in the kitchen, surprise your guest with an area for refreshments such as coffee, water, or teas. This will truly make them feel pampered. Placing snacks such as trail mix, granola bars, chocolate, or cookies in a nice container will also be a big hit with your guests.
- Wastebasket. To make it easy for guests to dispose of their trash, providing a wastebasket in the room saves them the inconvenience of having to leave the room every time they need to through something away.
- Beauty and toiletries. Creating a tray or basket that includes personal items such as bodywash, toothpaste and toothbrush, shampoo, and lotion can help to make your guest feel extra special.
- Regulate the temperature. To help your guest truly enjoy their stay, it is important that they are comfortable during both the cold and warmer months. By installing a fan, you are allowing your guests to control their own bedroom temperature.
- Television. Creating a channel guide that includes networks, news, sports, and movie channels, would be a nice gesture for your guests. Also, be sure to include instructions on using the remote since each remote is different. Consider laminating the guide and instructions so that they last longer.
- Iron. To help your guests feel presentable and put together, make sure to keep an iron in the guest room just in case it is needed.
- Hairdryer. Everyone forgets something from time to time which is usually the hair dryer. So, having one handy will prevent your guests from spending unnecessary money.
- Power outlets. It is important to have enough outlets and plugs near the bed for charging cell phones and other electronics conveniently.
- Closet and drawer space. Allowing plenty of space for guests to store their belongings will give them the feel of being home.
To create a wonderful experience for your guests, it is very important to add little extras in the room. This helps to make the guest room look more beautiful, comfortable, and welcoming. It also encourages you to relax and enjoy spending some quality time with your guest as well.
And if a guest room rarely gets used, you should consider creating the room to be utilized as a multi-purpose space. By adding certain key elements such as a desk, chair, and television, the guest room can also function as an office, library, or media room. This allows for a more effective use of the space.
If you are considering decorating a guest room, or if you are in the process of doing so, a good place to start is Albarado’s Fine Furnishings in Lafayette, LA. We provide top-notch complimentary interior design services to help lead you in the right direction to achieving your dream guest room.
Our design team can help you plan a comfortable space for your guests to settle into while letting them know you are happy to have them in your home. Contact us to speak with one of our experienced, friendly team members today.
Albarado’s Fine Furnishings has been carving out excellence for decades and treating their clients like family because you deserve a home you are content with. Only at Albarado’s.