As a new year begins, we feel the need to make changes in our life. People start to conjure up resolutions such as weight loss, traveling more, and even home improvements. So, in the spirit of new beginnings, making your home more efficient, clean, and beautiful in 2023 is a great way for homeowners to express themselves.
Transforming your space into the home of your dreams with the expert advice of Albarado’s Fine Furnishings will help you make the positive impact you desire on your home. Your home is a place where you spend most of your time and feel safe, relaxed, and at peace. As such, it is a place you should invest in and always keep in the best condition possible.
Trends typically indicate a shift toward a new way of living. But this year, interiors will increasingly become less about what is trendy and more about personal expression. You will start to see a different style merging which will allow you to create your own take on any decorating style you prefer. Below are some unique home décor ideas you can try this year for your home.
8 Unique Home Decor Ideas to Try
- Display collectibles. Displaying collectibles such as globes, ceramic animals, shells, and genuine antiques can add a unique flair of treasures to your home.
- Embrace pairing design styles. Do not limit yourself to one design style. By mixing ethnic patterns with rustic fabrics, florals with textures, or modern pieces with traditional ones, you can create a fresh effect and make a room feel extra special. The trick is to make sure they all harmonize so that one item does not outshine the other.
- Statement lighting. While pendants are a popular lighting choice, statement pieces such as chandeliers to modern linear works of art are taking center stage. A dramatic pendant can define a living space, catch your guest’s attention, and serve as a focal point for a room. For extra lighting and ambiance, you can even add a small table lamp, candles, and floor lamps to a space.
- Functional vintage items. Consider using vintage pieces that are worn and yet still can handle the rigors of daily life. Vintage unique home furnishings are well-made and some pieces can even hold up after 100 years.
- Layered elements. Using the four main elements of color, scale, shape, and texture to successfully add layers to a room will also help to create a feeling of comfort and warmth. Layering with patterns, artwork, rugs, lighting, and even accessories will add depth and interest to a space.
- Natural stone finishes. You can incorporate stone into home decor pieces such as pottery, vases, and dinnerware. There is a certain charm that comes with the use of natural stone surfaces and imperfect pieces that are incorporated into a home.
- Accent walls. An accent wall can turn any room into a place that feels exquisite and stylish. It can add personality, define the space, and set the mood of a room. Click here for tips for designing an accent wall.
- Update pieces. Knockout pieces that were not made in the last 50 years can be updated with a simple facelift such as painting or reupholstering. If you find a unique home furnishing as such, do not pass it up. Sometimes these pieces can make the best additions to a space.
Elevating your space to the next level this year, no matter what your decorating style is, will help to bring a sense of beauty and comfort to your home. There is so much to consider when you are updating your home, and Albarado’s Fine Furnishings is the place to start.
Take advantage of our complimentary interior design services and let the design team at Albarado’s Home Furnishings guide you to creating the home you deserve that reflects your taste this year. We also carry an assortment of high-end furniture brands and accessories to fill any space in your home with gorgeous pieces and touches.
Visit our store at 205 Winchester Dr. to see the various unique home furnishings we offer or to speak to one of our knowledgeable sales team. Commit yourself to excellence when you shop for new furniture and accessories at Albarado’s Fine Furnishings. You won’t be disappointed!